High winds, hail, ice, and extended periods of hot weather can cause serious challenges for some roofing systems. Powerful winds can tear weakening shingles right from the roof.
Without proper installation plus high-quality shingles and other accessories, many homeowners face unexpected repair and energy costs. Moreover, damaged or missing shingles must be replaced immediately or the cost to repair will likely increase further. A leaking roof may cause severe interior damage to your home and the best solution is a GAF-certified residential roofing company.
The keys to a beautiful and long-lasting roof system are in the quality of materials used and professional installation. A professional residential roofing company has the skills, products, tools, and experience to replace your roof properly.
Materials: Why Asphalt Shingles Are Superior
Asphalt shingles are the most popular shingles in America today. Lightweight and durable, high-quality asphalt shingles last decades and are the most affordable option. While shake and slate roofing materials are sometimes selected for their aesthetic beauty, they are quite expensive. High-quality asphalt shingles can impart a similar look of elegance at a much lower cost.
Metal roofing in aluminum, copper, steel, or an alloy is also an option. However, these can be very noisy during a rainstorm or become dented in hailstorms. Repair costs are astronomical.
An article on the Home Advisor website lists four important advantages of using asphalt shingles. These are:
- Cost: Less expensive than wood shake, metal, or natural stone materials.
- Maintenance: Fewer maintenance issues for a residential roofing company.
- Installation: The time, effort, and expense required for a residential roofing company to install are less than with any other material.
- Variety: A GAF-certified professional residential roofing company can aesthetically match any preferred “look.”
GAF Advanced Protection Shingle Technology
GAF has been producing roofing materials since 1886. During that time, GAF has continually upgraded the quality of their roofing systems with technology and innovation to become North America’s largest producer of commercial and residential roofing materials. Winner of numerous industry awards for quality, durability, and appeal, GAF shingles are the most popular among building contractors.
Advanced Protection Technology by GAF allows for their Lifetime Roofing Systems that are available with a limited lifetime warranty. Check with a GAF-certified residential roofing company for more information.
Six Components of GAF’s Lifetime Shingle System
Proper protection and insulation by a residential roofing company begins well beneath the exterior surface. GAF accessories complement the shingles by adding the ultimate protection against leaks, enhancing attic ventilation, removing moisture, and protecting against storm damage.
- Cobra Attic Ventilation® removes heat and moisture from the attic to create a healthier environment. Installation reduces energy costs and protects painted and wallpapered walls within.
- Roof Deck Protection is an armor barrier designed to protect the underlying roof surface from extreme weather conditions and wind-driven rain. The material lies flat and creates the ideal sub surface for placing the shingles.
- Starter Strip Shingles significantly reduce the risk of wind “blow-off” and save time during the installation by a professional residential roofing company.
- Leak Barriers are terrific upgrades for homes in severe weather areas by providing an additional layer of protection between the Roof Deck Protection and GAF’s Lifetime Shingles. The material also protects against leaks caused by roof settling.
- Lifetime Shingles are the top-selling shingles in North America. Timberline® Shingles with Advanced Protection® are among the many high-quality GAF choices for homeowners.
- Ridge Cap Shingles are the finishing touches for a high-quality and beautiful new roof. These accessories protect the hips and ridges of a well-installed roofing system.
Combing all six elements of a GAF Lifetime Shingle System installed by a GAF-certified residential roofing company ensures you will have the most attractive and long-lasting roof system available. Select the style, color, and type of shingle, and you will have an attractive and worry-free roof for decades.
Hire a Company that Specializes in GAF Lifetime Shingle Systems
Older shingle systems begin to wear out after 20 years or so. Weather may have caused notable wear and tear, and the flashings designed to protect against leakage may be starting to fail. Call a GAF-certified professional roofing company to discuss an upgrade.
Roof replacement is not a do-it-yourself job. Installing a long-lasting roofing system is more than just tacking new shingles onto a bare roof. Save money in the long-run by hiring a GAF-certified residential roofing company. Knowing which accessories and types of product are needed and how to install correctly is the essential benefit of a residential roofing company specializing in GAF products installation.
A GAF-certified residential roofing company can transform your home into a safer, more attractive place with enhanced curb appeal while you enjoy a long-lasting and worry-free roof. With a variety long-term warranties, GAF products can be guaranteed for virtually a lifetime.
Elevated Roofing provides the assistance you need to repair roofing problems quickly and easily or provide full roof replacement. If you are looking for a Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney area roofing company, take a look at our website to learn about the services we offer or call (469) 305-0010 today to schedule a free roof inspection.
Roofing Repair Frisco TX
Elevated Roofing, LLC
15222 King Road, Suite 402
Frisco, Texas 75034